Saturday, December 09, 2006
Oh, Turtles...
What, pray tell, was wrong with the old Turtles packaging?! I enjoyed having the box of chocolates, off which you could lift the lid, and pick out whichever Turtle you felt like eating. Now, those suckers are like Fort Knox! They are iron clad! Why oh why did the marketing Gods see fit to individually wrap each Turtle, and put them in an upright box with a little side part that slides out?! Is it easier? Is it more convenient? No! If anything, it just makes you feel guiltier for eating so many at a time. And let's face it, no one ever has just one! It's like some sort of new-fangled 'to-go' pack. Like, 'Oh, you're on your way out the door to finish up the last of the Christmas shopping. No time to eat? Grab a Turtle and off you go!' Please. I know the truth. You are sitting on your couch watching Charlie Brown and chowing down. And if you're at a party?! You used to be able to just open the box and set it out on the table. Now, it's so high maintenance. All having to unwrap each individual Turtle. It's like some sort of new weight-loss measure, a deterrent, even. And it's so noisy and crinkly and obvious! Like there's no way to eat one discreetly. Everyone knows: you are about to have a Turtle. Crinkle. Crinkle. But, you know, you'd think the Nestle people would want easier access to their product! And in the interests of OUR ENVIRONMENT, I think they should go back to the old reliable, easy-access Turtle Box. What you gonna do, all that extra wrapping?! Call me a chocolate slut, if you will, but I'm all about the easy access! I just hope they don't start doing the same thing to Toffifee...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ayyyy-MEN! crinkle crinkle.
I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but Ginette's brother actually wrote a complaint letter to Nestle about the Turtles packaging and they sent him 2 or 3 of the old boxes...
Post a Comment