
I knew as soon as I saw it that this was going to be my tattoo.
As I tell more and more people about this, I've found that trying to explain exactly what it is I am getting has proven challenging. Answering 'an inverted blue and green triangle' just makes it seem really lame.
So here it is for all to see with an explanation to boot:
Triangle: In Ancient Egypt the Triangle was seen as a symbol of intelligence and indicated the capacity for love. The triangle is a prime element of the Buddhist Shri Yantra mandala encourages the invocation of love energy to achieve ascended states of consciousness and union with the divine. The Triangle also deals with the love represented in the mother, father, child union as well as the holy trinity. An inverted triangle symbolizes a vessel in which love is poured or carried.
So there you go. Next time around, I'm looking at this one:

Durga Yantra:
Durga was created as a warrior goddess to fight the demon Mahisashur who could not be defeated by god or man. Allegorically, she slays the damaging misconceptions we hold, offering us clarity of mind and spirit. The Durga Yantra assists in the focus upon the qualities of Durga, facilitating strength, feminine energy, creative consciousness.

No comments:
Post a Comment